Saturday, March 11, 2017

---"Your silence will not protect you." ~Audre Lorde-------------So what happened here I ask myself? It is a good question. One set of doctors yap together and put a DNR on a patient who was clearly unable to make an informed consent to withdrawal of care services. When asked about the refusal to provide care, these same doctors protest that they were following the decision of a patient who was clearly not competent by any measure. Another set of doctors treat the patient. Why the difference in care provision at the Grey Nuns Hospital? Another good question. Maybe Covenant Health needs to be asked these questions by the Health Minister? How about it Ms. Hoffman? Why is there no review of the refusal of care at the Grey Nuns Hospital? Why won't -the folks at the Health Quality Council review the omissions and system wide failures in my sister's file? I guess it is up to a stay at home mummy to do the work that no one in the system will do despite all the money provided to them in the form of salaries, benefits, expense accounts and pension plans. I guess I have to end the silence.

I am confused why one set of doctors at the Grey Nuns Hospital would impose a "Do Not Resuscitate" order on a patient who they consider to have consented to no intubation when she was clearly not able to give informed consent. I don't understand why these doctors worked together to ignore her personal directive requirement. I am also confused why the Grey Nuns Hospital asked the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods for a download, were told the RT was not in and failed to follow up on the request.
I am confused why no one did their due diligence (i.e. their jobs).
I am also confused why a stay at home mummy had to do their jobs for them by doing data card downloads for a year to find out the problems so that these problems would be solved.
I am confused by the facts that are before me as I work on the data for the Good Samaritan Society lawsuit.
I am confused why I am being sued for pointing out the facts to everyone.
I am confused why the GOA will not give me the Health Quality Audit done in October 2014 on the Good Samaritan extended care at Millwoods.
I am confused by the lack of the Respiratory review I requested from AHS that was done in October 2014.
Surely a government that is concerned about the most vulnerable citizens in Alberta would be transparent about the public health issues a stay at home mummy has raised from 2014 to 2017?
Surely someone will help me understand all this data?
If not, I guess I will have to figure it out and tell y'all in the lawsuit that is coming out. When I go to court, maybe we will all learn about the system wide failures in the care of a severely handicapped woman that should never had happened if everyone had done their jobs.


Julie Ali feeling happy.
Just now
So I left 2014 to go back to the beginning. I am in one of the multiple emergency visits at the Grey Nuns Hospital. The veneer of caring is so strong at this place that you would not believe the acts of doctors behind the scene.
I am in November 2010 where one doctor has gone to two other doctors and a psychiatrist to get the go ahead to discharge Rebecca with sky high carbon dioxide levels to the Good Samaritan Extended care at Millwoods.
I think to myself-Heck how is this even possible?
But apparently the psychiatrist has done a competency assessment that indicates that with a pCO2 that is reaching coma levels the patient is able to make informed consent.
All the doctors tell us that this is the way it is. Then there is a phone call to the Good Sam telling the nurse that apparently the family accepts the Do Not Resuscitate business and they want to talk to the facility doctor to emphasize to him that this patient cannot be resuscitated .Then they send her home with her carbon dioxide narcosis intact. How do I know her carbon dioxide narcosis was not treated effectively?
Well let me see.
They send her home in the ambulance on November 6, 2010.
My dad asks the facility doctor to send her to the UAH. Rebecca won't go and the doctor tells us that heck she is her own decision maker and despite her sky high carbon dioxide level, we will leave her to her state.
Dad picks her up to take her to the UAH. Her pCO2 levels are confirmed as sky high and the doctors there strangely enough do treat her. They HOSPITALIZE her.
So what happened here I ask myself?
It is a good question.
One set of doctors yap together and put a DNR on a patient who was clearly unable to make an informed consent to withdrawal of care services.
When asked about the refusal to provide care, these same doctors protest that they were following the decision of a patient who was clearly not competent by any measure.
Another set of doctors treat the patient.
Why the difference in care provision at the Grey Nuns Hospital? Another good question. Maybe Covenant Health needs to be asked these questions by the Health Minister?
How about it Ms. Hoffman?
Why is there no review of the refusal of care at the Grey Nuns Hospital?
Why won't -the folks at the Health Quality Council review the omissions and system wide failures in my sister's file?
I guess it is up to a stay at home mummy to do the work that no one in the system will do despite all the money provided to them in the form of salaries, benefits, expense accounts and pension plans. I guess I have to end the silence.
Families need to tell these stories. These are our loved ones. Why should we stay silent?
Speak folks. Tell the stories of backroom medical deals and imposed DNRs against the requirements of the personal directive. Speak about handicapped citizens being considered competent and able to provide informed consent so that doctors can pretend to do their fricking jobs when in reality they are doing premature termination for their own convenience. Speak and let our words change a failed system for our most vulnerable citizens.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment