Friday, March 10, 2017

Home Visit ---Friday February 10, 2017 ----Now that Rebecca is watching the funny movie and eventually doing the art work to stimulate both the immune system and her brain regeneration I will focus on the UAH experience where ten million doctors all ignore the Do not resuscitate orders of their fellow doctors at the Grey Nuns Hospital until one sane voice in the wilderness of an ethicist asks them the same question that a stay at home mummy has being asking them which is "What the heck? Is it right to kill off prematurely a severely handicapped woman for no damn reason other than the system is too stupid to make an integrated care plan that can help her reach compliance? Yes, this is the health care and continuing care system for you. It's not intelligent. But it is sure willing to put in DNR , do not intubate and no ICU order on a handicapped woman --rather than do the hard work of fixing the problems in the system. Hey I have an idea. How about we fix the problems Alberta Health folks? What are we paying y'all to do? Sit on your rumps and collect paychecks, benefits, expense accounts and pension plans for no deliverables? How about we fix the entire damn system so that mentally ill citizens get the care they need and are entitled to? How about the partners in care--Alberta Health, AHS, Covenant Health and the continuing care industry get down to the level of ordinary citizens and hear us roar? Here we are partners. We're roaring.



Julie Ali feeling happy.
3 mins
The weather is fierce outside and roads are very slippery. The graders near our neighbourhood are giant metallic dinosaurs and I almost got trampled by two of them rushing through the intersection like mega-beetles after dung.
Anyway, I went to Villa Marguerite yesterday but Rebecca was like a gumdrop stuck to the shoe of sleep. The nice nurse put her on the BIPAP and I waited for her to revive. I waited almost two hours but she was apathetic so I told the nurse I would bring her home on Friday.
So here is Friday. She is still blah but I brought her home. She is going to watch a funny movie which will stimulate her immune cells.
She refuses to drink the hot tea with honey and oregano drops to make her strong so I had to make her instant coffee with honey. There is more painting for her to do so I left her to it. I have to work on the lawsuit.
Later when I drop her off I will go do my penance of snow cleaning. My life is entirely a pendulum swing between a lawsuit and grunt work for others.
I am so sleepy that I could fall asleep over the latest calamity in the medical notes. I am now at the UAH with the doctors all yapping at me while I keep asking questions. Really the medical profession seems to be very incurious about adverse events for some strange reason. No one showed the least bit of interest in the first adverse event except me and I didn't know what it meant. I had to have a repeat of the first adverse event to figure out that the second adverse event was the same as the first adverse event. Most of us I guess don't want to face problems.
Now that Rebecca is watching the funny movie and eventually doing the art work to stimulate both the immune system and her brain regeneration I will focus on the UAH experience where ten million doctors all ignore the Do not resuscitate orders of their fellow doctors at the Grey Nuns Hospital until one sane voice in the wilderness of an ethicist asks them the same question that a stay at home mummy has being asking them which is "What the heck? Is it right to kill off prematurely a severely handicapped woman for no damn reason other than the system is too stupid to make an integrated care plan that can help her reach compliance?
Yes, this is the health care and continuing care system for you. It's not intelligent. But it is sure willing to put in DNR , do not intubate and no ICU orders on a handicapped woman --rather than do the hard work of fixing the problems in the system.
Hey I have an idea. How about we fix the problems Alberta Health folks? What are we paying y'all to do? Sit on your rumps and collect paychecks, benefits, expense accounts and pension plans for no deliverables? How about we fix the entire damn system so that mentally ill citizens get the care they need and are entitled to? How about the partners in care--Alberta Health, AHS, Covenant Health and the continuing care industry get down to the level of ordinary citizens and hear us roar?
Here we are partners. We're roaring.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment