Friday, March 10, 2017

Meanwhile I have been yapping to three health ministers about the random acts of DNR and no one does anything. I began yapping with Mr. Horne, I went to Mr. Mandel and now I am at Ms. Hoffman. None of these health ministers do anything about real problems for citizens--especially handicapped citizens. The DNR business is life and death problems for handicapped citizens. But no one cares. The entire GOC business can alter in a second so that what was stable ground shifts under you and you have no security for your handicapped family member. The entire GOC area is ripe for change and stringent oversight especially these DNR orders by doctors who think folks are more disposable than they are. In fact, legislation is required to protect the severely handicapped and those without insight from such random decisions by doctors who lack any sort of humanity or interest in severely handicapped folks. What I need is an army. An army raised up to advocate for the handicapped in our society.


Julie Ali
 feeling thankful.
Just now
I feel like butter spread on toast. I took Rebecca back to the Villa Marguerite and I had a few minutes to make pasta which we got through and now I have more reading to do.
It is a good thing that I like reading.
I mean who knew a lawsuit would have ten million pieces of paper?
The roads are yucky so I left the snow shovelling for tomorrow.
In the lawsuit I have just got through the meetings with doctors at the UAH--- all eager to move the family forwards. There was chatter of an unflattering sort about our family that really isn't nice. I don't know why they would find our family to be stubborn. I mean I don't think I am stubborn; I just don't want my sister to be written off with an R3 designation which means no intubation or chest compression. For a patient with pulmonary failure, not to do the intubation would mean allowing the patient to descend into carbon dioxide narcosis and sure death. Really this is ridiculous. Why would these doctors expect us to accept their dumb decisions for no good reason other than no one wants to work on a compliance program for her?
Then I read about the UAH doctors asking the Grey Nuns Hospital doctors why they were denying life to my sister. The doctor at the Grey Nuns Hospital-- had the gall to say my sister asked for no intubation. Sure no one wants intubation do they? But the personal directive said full resuscitation and so they ignore the critical level of carbon dioxide that the patient was suffering from and accept the ravings of the moment. It's so interesting these decisions.
The Grey Nuns doctor had a form with R3 signed on May 31, 2014.They yapped to family that this was it. They expected us to fold up our tent and gypsy out of there. Well these doctors were wrong.
Then we went to the UAH and I asked for the R1 GOC. The doctors at the UAH did not want us to have the R1 GOC because doctors know best I guess. I kept asking at the meeting and they had this first ethicist who did not disagree with the doctors. What kind of ethicist would do this? The meeting with the doctors and the first ethicist where they were all adamant about not removing the R3 designation as they were all in this same leaky ethical boat together--- was a complete bust.
Failing to convince us-- they all then yap with their assorted sources of information such as the AHS team and indicate that the GOC will not be changed. Then on July 23, 2014 after possibly getting the review from the second more ethical ethicist they provide the transfer orders with the GOC updated to R1 which is what I had been asking for all along. This is full resuscitation.
You think the business is finished here? This is just the GOC junk from 2010 to 2014. You haven't seen the GOC changes at the Grey Nuns Hospital when Rebecca was evicted in 2015. There were more GOC changes between 2015 to 2016 before Rebecca was evicted from the Grey Nuns Hospital by Covenant Health and AHS using the Hospital Act. We ask the Health minister and the premier to intervene but instead they gave the green light to dump her out.
Meanwhile I have been yapping to three health ministers about the random acts of DNR and no one does anything. I began yapping with Mr. Horne, I went to Mr. Mandel and now I am at Ms. Hoffman. None of these health ministers do anything about real problems for citizens--especially handicapped citizens. The DNR business is life and death problems for handicapped citizens. But no one cares. The entire GOC business can alter in a second so that what was stable ground shifts under you and you have no security for your handicapped family member. The entire GOC area is ripe for change and stringent oversight especially these DNR orders by doctors who think folks are more disposable than they are.
In fact, legislation is required to protect the severely handicapped and those without insight from such random decisions by doctors who lack any sort of humanity or interest in severely handicapped folks.
What I need is an army. An army raised up to advocate for the handicapped in our society.

written by Lauren Daigle and Michael Farren recorded at the CentricWorship Retreat BUY ON ITUNES: http…
YOUTUBE.COM

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment