Friday, March 17, 2017

Julie Ali Just a darling man. I love his songs that provide comfort in the darkest valley. The wonder of it all.

Reading the medical files is very interesting work but at this time of the day it is best to just listen to music.
Older boy is out and about. He is with two friends he has known from grade one in Grandview Heights School. One of his friends is now 22 years old. He is getting socks from older boy. They will go out and eat and yap.
I like that older boy has friends since baby hood still around. Since I was uprooted from place to place like a cactus being repotted every few years by my parents it was hard to make friends.
Now I just do with hubby. He is always here.
Older boy will be late coming home. Younger boy is sitting like a moth before the computer screen.
I could go to bed but then I would have to try to sleep and I can't yet sleep. I have read about billions of dollars being spent by the GOA and the nitwits we hired while folks like my sister have been stuck with the less than productive care that the system offers. It's a farce.
But I will leave all the yapping about government now. It's really not useful to get all worked up about any of this but keep trucking like Ruth Adria has done. It's a matter of putting one step in front of the other. It's a matter of simply saying --no--I won't stop advocating and speaking for the folks who need help. It's a matter of living your values.
My values are all about the people I love. I don't know if your values are like my values but I think love is the only thing that matters. I tend to feel that all of us are lovable -even the most tragic and hard folks. I feel that we can all try to help each other. I feel that there is something to be learned from everyone. I feel that every horror has something that can transform you.
Maybe I should put on some music now.
Leonard Cohen.
Leonard Cohen - If It Be Your Will
News Feed
Adam Cohen
November 12, 2016 ·
My sister and I just buried my father in Montreal. With only immediate family and a few lifelong friends present, he was lowered into the ground in an unadorned pine box, next to his mother and father. Exactly as he’d asked. As I write this I’m thinking of my father’s unique blend of self-deprecation and dignity, his approachable elegance, his charisma without audacity, his old-world gentlemanliness and the hand-forged tower of his work. There’s so much I wish I could thank him for, just one last time. I’d thank him for the comfort he always provided, for the wisdom he dispensed, for the marathon conversations, for his dazzling wit and humor. I’d thank him for giving me, and teaching me to love Montreal and Greece. And I’d thank him for music; first for his music which seduced me as a boy, then for his encouragement of my own music, and finally for the privilege of being able to make music with him. Thank you for your kind messages, for the outpouring of sympathy and for your love of my father.
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor
LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare
Top Comments
345K Mary Auld and 345K others
80,183 shares
14K Comments
Comments
Julie Ali
Write a comment...
Choose file
Julie Ali
Julie Ali Just a darling man. I love his songs that provide comfort in the darkest valley. The wonder of it all.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment