Friday, March 17, 2017

I took my spade / and I worked for years

I took my spade
and I dug in the garden

I made a clearing
where I could breathe

and I put down the good seed
I watched the saplings rise

and I told myself
the crops I grow will meet my needs

I raised a harvest that was more than I needed
so that I gave it away to anyone who came here

I told myself
each of us are able to raise a crop

that will feed all of us
so that we can evolve into what is required

 I took my spade
and I worked for years

I did not stop even when the crops failed
and I had so little as seed for the next year's planting 

instead I kept going
I told myself that each year I grow as a farmer of words


I took my spade 
and I worked for years

as I raise these crops   such as they are
I made the harvest for you     so you would see this evidence


I told the world
these truths that came from the work I did

so that I would know
my own life and its roots

and in the end
when I am gone

the harvest will be here for anyone in need
I took my spade      and I worked for years


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDsCJ4rGD4&index=1&list=RD5ZDsCJ4rGD4

ZAZ - "Si jamais j'oublie" [Official Video]

No comments:

Post a Comment