Tuesday, March 14, 2017

and the stardust / flies into my eyes

I take a hammer
and I take a nail
I work every day
with a bit of wood
and no company


I wish for stars
but of course
I am in the mud
mucking all about
this is the sort of work

you have to plug away at
because the paper piles are insane
I take the nursing notes
and I detect the path
from here to there


in the afternoon
the piles of paper collect
and the stardust
flies into my eyes
and I tell myself     keep going

and trust
that you have all you need
inside of you
to do the work of investigation
and discovery


I take my small force
and I go poetically
like Emily Dickinson once did
to do the work of truth
I am sure 

the truth will be found
somewhere in the medical history 
I shoulder the bag of lines
and I make a poem     so that I can
travel along the great highway of discovery

and I tell you all carefully now
that the words you use
can be tumbled like the clothes
in the dryer to dry into fall leaves
that disintegrate

but if you are a poet
you can take these words
and make a history that will stand
as the witness documents
of a handicapped citizen


don't mess with a poet
and don't tell me    how to do the work of advocacy
she is my sister and I am by her side
I tell you all that others have gone
but    not my sister   not my sister  not my sister


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFrpzPR6TLY&list=RDEFrpzPR6TL

Rodney Crowell - "It Ain't Over Yet (feat. Rosanne Cash & John Paul White)" [Official Video]


#Don'tMessWithAPoet--#GoodSamaritanSocietyLawsuit---------
don't mess with a poet
and don't tell me how to do the work of advocacy
she is my sister and I am by her side
I tell you all that others have gone
but not my sister not my sister not my sister

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment