Tuesday, March 7, 2017

and out of the silence

I put down the work
to write this poem
and I laid out the bones
of the song in the grave
I threw the words
like dust
to flesh the skeleton
and out of the silence
rose the body of this poem

I put down the work
so that I could be alive
I made the poem dance
and sing with me
I set the poem on the stage
of silence
I watched the poem find her way
to the end of the stanza
and then decide by herself   to slow

I put down the work
so that I could rejoice in my life 
for what is a poem other than a celebration?
if you make a poem you are saying
life is good 
and worth singing about
you are saying that the dance of life     is so brief
we must not waste a single day
without such festivity        I put the poem
on the stage     and refreshed I begin the work again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDsCJ4rGD4&index=1&list=RD5ZDsCJ4rGD4

ZAZ - "Si jamais j'oublie" [Official Video]

No comments:

Post a Comment