Sunday, March 19, 2017

Alison Azer added 2 new photos. 1 hr · As I move through our home removing the personal, I am struck by how real our lives were. Amidst some colossal odds (which in the end we couldn't overcome) we were doing more than surviving, we were thriving. In that messy, imperfect but fiercely determined way that good parents, great parents do. Here's a placemat-sized snapshot of some treasures: a bag of 4 candies ('you can each have one more tomorrow' I hear myself saying), the 'best mum' box Sharvahn made which included two cards from the 'famous women in history' game, Roje's Barbie, Dersim's last Lego creation, Meitan's teething giraffe. One discovery brought me to my knees - in the kids' closet I found the broken lid to a China dish from my Gran. I have the base but hadn't been able to locate the top for ages. The tragic metaphor is that the lid was a heart, now it's a broken heart. I'm keeping the pieces of course and will have them reassembled. Not with clear glue but with thick colourful seams - resilience lives in the real, in the raw, in the honest. Sure I've been broken, it says but watch me heal, watch me grow, watch me RISE!


Alison Azer
 added 2 new photos.
1 hr
As I move through our home removing the personal, I am struck by how real our lives were. Amidst some colossal odds (which in the end we couldn't overcome) we were doing more than surviving, we were thriving. In that messy, imperfect but fiercely determined way that good parents, great parents do. Here's a placemat-sized snapshot of some treasures: a bag of 4 candies ('you can each have one more tomorrow' I hear myself saying), the 'best mum' box Sharvahn made which included two cards from the 'famous women in history' game, Roje's Barbie, Dersim's last Lego creation, Meitan's teething giraffe. One discovery brought me to my knees - in the kids' closet I found the broken lid to a China dish from my Gran. I have the base but hadn't been able to locate the top for ages. The tragic metaphor is that the lid was a heart, now it's a broken heart. I'm keeping the pieces of course and will have them reassembled. Not with clear glue but with thick colourful seams - resilience lives in the real, in the raw, in the honest. Sure I've been broken, it says but watch me heal, watch me grow, watch me RISE!
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments
5 of 18

Julie Ali The heart, the broken heart as symbolized by this China dish from your Grandmum never heals. Carry the broken pieces of your heart with pride Alison. Sometimes the broken heart is more powerful and energising than the perfect intact heart ever was.
LikeReplyJust now

No comments:

Post a Comment