Friday, June 28, 2013

does he still himself to see the future that is coming?


since I cannot sleep
I will write a poem
about magic
and present it
to him

I will say that he is a best friend
to someone  I love
and that we both
support her
(he perhaps more than I)

when he sits in Rosebud
and thinks about Jess
what does he think about inside his soul?
does he wonder why she doesn’t simply
stop the work that never ends?

does he think about retirement
and the good work of silence?
does he still himself     to see the future that is coming?
when magic peels off the hours
what does he think about?

is he content with his life?
and if he is
perhaps I can learn from him this simplicity
that a life need not be large
to be tender     as his life is

I put down magic
in the poem
I have him facing the sunset
and thinking about Jessica
I have the still story of magic as I go to sleep




Donate

Jessica Ernst
Jessica, Magic and Bandit, photograph by Maggie Dickeson
You can help! Contributions made to Jessica will help pay for the countless ongoing expenses of a court case, including court fees, transcript costs, court document production costs, fees charged by experts to testify in court and numerous other costs that must be paid as the price of entry to the justice system.  Contributions may also go towards legal fees. Donations can be made online (below), or by sending a cheque made out to “Klippensteins, in Trust for Jessica Ernst” to Klippensteins Barristers & Solicitors, Suite 300, 160 John Street, Toronto ON, M5V 2E5.
Enter your information and click donate
Amount:
Other amount:

 
HPIM0905.JPG
 Magic after sunset at Rosebud.
Many thanks for the donations.
They're a huge help.



No comments:

Post a Comment